For Our E-Bikes
Limited Warranty Terms
All Yadea ebikes (the “ebike”), and their individual Covered Components (as defined herein), are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship for one (1) year after receipt of the ebike by the customer (the “Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty is only applicable to United States ebike purchases (purchases in Canada and the European Union shall be subject to their respective warranty terms) and in accordance with the following terms:
- Only the original owner of an ebike purchased from Yadea’s online store is covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty Period begins upon your receipt of the ebike and shall end immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period or any sale or transfer of the ebike to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the ebike.
- The Limited Warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of a defective lithium ion battery (the “Battery”), frame, forks, battery, motor, motor controller, LED display, throttle, brake, front light, rear light and charger (each a “Covered Component”).
- The Covered Components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
60 Months Limited Warranty for Motor
- The warranty for motors shall be limited to repairing service only and no replacement shall be provided, as follows:
- Customers who can not provide invoices, warranty cards, failure videos and motor numbers;
- Exceeding 3 months from the date of customer purchase;
- Sample motor, unlocking speed-limiting motor.
- The warranty for motors is 60 months. Some of the parts (e.g. motor wiring harness, Hall, nylon gear, stator, grease) can be maintained once every 2 years and three times in 5 years for free.
- Warranty coverage
- Free service during the warranty period: quality problems such as performance failure and can not be repaired, phase absence, burn-out of line, demagnetization, shedding of magnetic steel, deformation of wheel shaft, fracture, gear damage, bearing damage, etc.
- Disputed matters: Inlet water of motor needs to be determined by both parties. If it is confirmed that the quality problem caused water inflow on the technical standard of IPX5, we provide replacement free of charge.
- Out-of-warranty and paid service : motor line cut-off, leakage, impact caused by external force, customer self-disassembly and modification, warranty card purchase invoice missing or altered , Non-YADEA spare parts assembly, problems caused by non-YADEA product quality, natural disasters . Costs incurred during the repair service shall be paid by the customer. Costs for spare parts are charged according to the spare parts price list. Labor fees are charged according to Americas Standards.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component (as mentioned above).
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain and spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the ebike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the ebike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Yadea will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage caused by use, speed unlock, hardware or software modifications, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- Any products sold by Yadea that is not an ebike.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN EBIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF YADEA.
- Buyer shall provide VIN&picturs of faulty parts for warranty claim.
- Warranty begins from the sales date of end customer/from the bill of lading date plus 3months if date of sales can not be offered/from bill of lading date plus 6months if unmarketable of buyer
- Warranty as the above list for family use ebikes,warranty period will be half for non-family use ebikes(sharing,lease,express delivery,take out delivery)
- Warranty does not start over for replaced parts. Warranty of replaced parts accords with the ramaining warranty of the ebike. Warranty of new parts paid by customer will start over.
For Our E-Scooters
1) 12 Months Limited Warranty for Motor & Main Body of Scooters
The warranty includes: Frame assembly, hub motor, controller assembly, handlebar, front body, control panel & switch button, rear hub, disc brake disc, disc brake assembly, seat tube, front fork, front fork rotating parts, main line cables, brake lines
2) 6 Months Limited Warranty for Accessories
The warranty includes: Batteries, chargers, brake levers, throttle shifters, tires, inner tubes
2) 3 Months Limited Warranty for Appearance wearing parts
The warranty includes: Headlight assembly, instrument cover, grip cover, bell assembly, fender, brake, decorative cover, parking bracket assembly, pedal base plate, foot pad, charging port seat, rubber plug
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover：
- Unauthorized maintenance, misuse, collision, negligence, abuse, liquid ingress, accident, modification, incorrect use of non-product accessories or tearing, altering labels, anti-counterfeiting marks;
- It has exceeded the validity period of the three guarantees;
- Damage caused by force majeure;
- Damage caused by man-made reasons (including but not limited to scooter ingress of fluid, tire puncture, impact, traces and damage caused by normal use of the appearance, etc.);
- If this product is used for commercial use, it will not be guaranteed.
Damage to a Covered Component during shipping is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but Yadea will replace such damaged Covered Components if you:
- Notify Yadea of a Covered Component damaged in the shipping process within thirty (30) days of your receipt of the ebike & escooter;
- Provide Yadea with a dated picture of the damaged Covered Component;
- Return all original packaging and paperwork included with the product; and
- Note any immediately recognizable damage on the shipper’s Bill of Lading prior to signing off on the shipment.
Shipping damage claims are very time-sensitive and it is your responsibility to immediately inspect the ebike for damage upon receipt.
If you choose to set up your own independent shipping method, such as use of a freight forwarder or other similar service, Yadea will not replace any Covered Components damaged during such shipping method.
Credit Card Chargebacks
If any product purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the product, then this Limited Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
YADEA WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Contact the Yadea CS team through firstname.lastname@example.org. The Technical Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your product to identify potential simple fixes.
- If the CS team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, they will provide you with a set of instructions for returning the defective Covered Component and receiving the replacement.
- After you receive the replacement Covered Component, the CS team will also assist in determining how to replace or install the new Covered Component into your product.
- You will be responsible for shipping costs associated with returning a Covered Component, unless Yadea agrees in writing to pay for such shipping costs. Replacement Covered Components under this Limited Warranty shall only be shipped to the address of the original purchaser.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND YADEA’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. YADEA’S LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL YADEA UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YADEA DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.