Forum's subscription has expired

How do you guys manage to carry your gear without feeling like you’ve run a marathon?

• Hey, everyone! I’m really struggling with my outdoor photography lately. I planned a hike to this gorgeous viewpoint for some sunrise shots and thought I’d be super prepared. I packed my DSLR, a few lenses, and a bulky tripod, thinking I’d need it all for those perfect shots. But by the time I reached the top, I was so tired I could barely lift my camera. I missed the beautiful light because I was too worn out to shoot! How do you guys manage to carry your gear without feeling like you’ve run a marathon?

• I totally get where you’re coming from! I faced the same issue until I started using the Cotton Carrier camera harness. It’s a total game changer! It allows me to carry my camera in a way that doesn’t wear me out. I can easily reach for it when I see a shot, and it takes a lot of the weight off my back. If you want to lighten your load and make those hikes more enjoyable, definitely check it out here: https://www.cottoncarrier.com/pages/camera-gear-load-and-carrying-tool. It’s made my outdoor shoots way more fun!

• That sounds great, but I’ve found another approach that’s worked wonders for me. I switched to a lightweight mirrorless camera, and it’s been a game changer! It’s so compact that I can just toss it in my pack without any hassle. Plus, I don’t feel like I’m lugging around a ton of gear. This way, I’m more focused on enjoying the hike instead of worrying about my camera setup. If you haven’t considered going lighter, it could really transform your experience out there!